“Hack” Your Facebook Albums

In this post, I’m going to show you how I “hacked” my photo album to get the following result. See it on Facebook here, or check out the screenshot:

It’s actually not hard at all with the Photoshop template, so if you’re ready go ahead and download it now…

Download the .psd template file to start hacking your own Facebook photo albums.

All you need to do to use the template file is to fire up your copy of Photoshop, drop your own picture beneath the layer called “grid,” then choose “Save for Web” and select all the thumbnail sized slices that your picture fills up. I made the template extra long, so that you could put wide-angle portrait pictures in there, just the same as landscape. Be careful to position your picture so that it completely fills the top and bottom row of thumbnails that you’re going to use. You can turn on the Guides, show the layer “grid,” or show the slices as aids in getting your picture positioned just the way you want it.

Don’t rename the pictures once they are saved. Photoshop will auto-number them in the order that you want Facebook to upload, so if you just leave them named the way that they are, everything should just work.

Once you have all these pictures saved into a folder, upload them all to a new album on Facebook.

Now all that’s left is staring at your monitor, waiting for people to comment. But I guess that’s the fun part…right?

Tags: , ,

My name is Luke, and I’m the Online Media Manager for a technology company, photographer, husband, and father. You can see a snapshot of some of my work at LukeCoburn.com. I cheer for the Red Sox and am completely in love with my wife and four little princesses.

8 Responses to ““Hack” Your Facebook Albums”

1. Jason Chua May 1, 2011 at 5:56 pm #

Can You Make A Longer .psd template file? I Just So Happen To Have Very Long Images.

• Luke May 2, 2011 at 1:46 am #

How long are you looking for? The current .psd is 704×1362 pixels because I figured that there would be people with long images that would want to give it a whirl. Do you need it even taller than that? Let me know, and I’ll try to accommodate you.

• Jason Chua May 2, 2011 at 8:59 pm #

I have a photo that is 704×1870. I think that equates to four more rows of pictures. (Sorry if this is to much)

• Luke May 3, 2011 at 1:46 am #

Hi Jason. I updated the file so that it’s 704×2328. Hopefully this will accommodate the skyscraper that you’re looking to upload 🙂

It’s a little taller than you’ll need now, but you should be able to just use the slices that you need and discard the rest.

Have a great day! Hope to see you around here again in the future.

• Jason Chua May 3, 2011 at 8:44 pm #

Thanks A Million!

2. BlotterMonkey June 28, 2011 at 9:27 pm #

Thank you Luke! Especially for making it so user friendly, very thoughtful, a man after my own heart!

3. roragonz May 24, 2012 at 6:20 pm #

@Luke, hi luke, im a graphic designer, i would like to work with you at N.Y. is there any site or e mail where i can send my job experience?.

4. ALLTIMEFREE June 30, 2014 at 3:00 am #

how i do this

Your Thoughts...?

Amazon Sales

I've been selling on Amazon for a while now. I want to teach you how.

See my Top 100 Most Profitable Items